8.06.2014

In Memorium: Laura Kostyra Plimpton (1955 - 2014)

Many of us woke up today to the sad news of the passing of Martha's youngest sister, Laura Plimpton. Laura suffered a brain aneurism and died yesterday in hospital, surrounded by her family: her husband Randy and her three children, Sophie, Christopher and Charlie. She was 59 years old. Many of us knew Laura to be Martha's closest sister and someone who had worked with Martha for more than 25 years. She worked in the radio department for many years as a script writer and also contributed to many of Martha's ventures behind the scenes as a researcher. She will be so sadly missed. On behalf of everyone who reads Martha Moments, I want to extend my deepest sympathies to Martha, Laura's family and all the Kostyras. Laura is in our thoughts and prayers. Vist Martha's Blog to read Laura's obituary (written by her children) or to leave a comment for Martha and her family.
Laura on her honeymoon in Ireland in 1990. (Photo: The Martha Blog)

4 comments:

Rowaida said...

Hi Andrew,
It is so sad to hear the news. My deepest condolences to Martha and to Laura's family. God rest her soul in peace.
God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I was just reviewing the out pouring of condolence messages on Martha's daily blog. There is sadly little that can confront Martha and her family on the loss of her sister Laura, but I truly hope, as time passes, the messages will allow her to know how connected those who respect her contribution to our daily life feel and give comfort to her.
APM

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness. Was she not MS ghost writer for the blog??? I remember an episode of the show where she discussed her passion for depression glass . Goodness gracious-- this is indeed a sad day for Martha's family. She was a vital person in this MSLO. I do appreciate all her contributions- she was MS's rock.

Anonymous said...

I did leave a message on the blog. So sad. Like a post said here, I remember Laura's segment on depression glass that I watched many times and other times she appeared on Martha's old tv show (cooking etc.). So sad. However - I always thought she must be an extraordinary mother because her kids (that we got to know through Martha) were so lovely and accomplished. I wish them all peace. Very sad - she was so young.