9.14.2014

Candy Aisle Crafts

This book has been out for a few weeks now, but I only just found out about it. It's called Candy Aisle Crafts and was created by Jodi Levine, who has been a longtime crafts editor at Martha Stewart Living.  Jodi was actually the former editor-in-chief of Martha Stewart Kids magazine but has worked in various departments at the company for well over a decade. (Martha Stewart writes the foreword to the book.) I've always loved Jodi's imaginative approach to crafting. She sees potential and artistic possibility in the most unusual and unexpected things. In this book, Jodi re-imagines all kinds of colourful confections and uses them in creative crafts. Be sure to visit Jodi's blog, Super Make It, to learn more about the book. You can order it here.
FROM THE PUBLISHER:

"Gumdrops, licorice, candy canes, cookies, cereal, and more become a crafter's toolkit for 59 adorable food craft ideas. Lifelong crafter Jodi Levine turned her creative eye to everyday edible items found in any grocery and convenience store--or even just around the home--and dreamed up easy projects. Learn how to transform familiar treats into gorgeous and whimsical party favors, decorations, wearable accessories, and more. Lushly illustrated with 100 color photographs, the book boasts lots of step-by-step photos to accompany the clear instructions. Candy Aisle Crafts will be an exceptionally useful and fun guide to crafting the extraordinary from the ordinary."

5 comments:

Rowaida said...

Wow looks beautiful, I love Jodie Levine and love her amazing work. Going to order it. Thank you Andrew for sharing xx

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

I'll be getting it too, Rowaida. I love Jodi...and I love candy!

Alan said...

I bought this book for my friends with kids when it came out -- I've always admired Jodi .. she is a creative genius! -- her KIDS magazine were so stunning -- I think I need order some back issues for friends .. it wont the magazine award for Excellence when she was the editor and for good reason!

Jodi said...

Hi Andrew, I just sent you an email. Thank you for this beautiful post!! And thank you Rowaida and Alan!!! xo Jodi

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Jodi, thank you! Email received! I'll respond soon! :-)