2.13.2014

Chocolate is the Answer...

There is a magnet on my fridge with the following quote: "Chocolate is the answer, no matter what the question is." It's one of my mantras and I practice it, religiously. Everything in moderation, of course, and balanced with a healthy diet and lots of excerise, blah, blah, blah. But, truly, there is nothing like chocolate and the immediate hit of euphoric ecstasy it imparts to anyone that consumes it. One of the best food editorials I've ever seen about the subject of chocolate desserts was from the February, 2011, issue of Martha Stewart Living. With stunning photographs by Nigel Cox and some of the most incredibly decadent recipes, it's an article I refer back to frequently. (So far I've only made the hot chocolate fudge, because it is the easiest, but I'm dying to try the molten bittersweet-chocolate cake.) Below are six of the photographs from the story with links to the accompanying recipes at marthastewart.com.
BAKED ALASKA WITH CHOCOLATE CAKE AND CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM (Recipe)
 MOCHA SEMIFREDDO WITH HOT MILK FOAM (Recipe)
HOT CHOCOLATE FUDGE OVER VANILLA ICE CREAM (Recipe)
CHOCOLATE CREME BRULÉE FROZEN SANDWICHES (Recipe)
 CHOCOLATE CREME BRULÉE (Recipe)
MOLTEN BITTERSWEET-CHOCOLATE CAKE (Recipe)

2 comments:

Kenn said...

Yes, please. One of each.

Rowaida said...

Hi Andrew,
Your post today is beautiful and delicious. I tried most of the recipes from Martha Stewart, Love!
Happy Valentines day to you and you loved ones.
Rowaida xo