2.01.2013

Enjoying Winter

Several years ago, my parents built a log cabin on a beautiful piece of lakefront property in Eastern Ontario, just over an hour outside of Ottawa. While we spend most of our time there during the summer months when we can enjoy the water and the warm weather, I love going there in the wintertime. Since it is a fairly secluded lake, there is a real sense of peace there during this time of year: true silence and a pristine beauty that photographs and descriptions can never adequately convey. We were there last weekend with friends and below are photographs taken by me and by my friend Jessica Hodgson. We had beautiful weather and enjoyed hiking, snowshoeing, tobogganing, walking across the frozen lake and lots of eating, curled up by the fire with the dogs. Calories were burned off with so much outdoor activity! I love winter. Call me crazy, but I love it. Get out there and enjoy the season.

6 comments:

Ailsa said...

Oh, what fun Andrew! And who is the photographer? Those shots are stunning. :c)

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Thanks, Ailsa! Jessie (shown in the post) took many of the photos and I took the rest! Glad you like them! :-)

Darrell white said...

May I propose "Andrew Ritchie Omnimedia" :)

barbara said...

I love winter,to me it looks like a little slice of Heaven! Barbara

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Darrell, you are sweet. :-)

Rowaida said...

Beautiful and peaceful place. Your photos are amazing Andrew. I would love to visit this place love it
Have a wonderful weekend