8.26.2010

Martha's Halloween Handbook

When I was a child - maybe 8 or 9 years old - I lived for Halloween! I planned my costumes with my mother and father months in advance. (My mom would usually make them for my brother and I, since she was aghast at spending money on a pre-made costume that would only be worn once a year. At least this way, there was sentiment involved.)
In adulthood, nothing gets me quite as excited about this Pagan holiday than Martha Stewart, her editors and photographers, and all those wizzards at MSLO who dream up the most magical ideas possible. I have, of course, every single special issue ever released by the publisher and I will have the new one coming out next week too! Below is the amazingly fantastic cover of the Halloween Handbook, a compilation of the best 150 Halloween ideas you could possibly imagine. The issue hits newsstands on August 31rst. (Yes, that's Martha on the cover as the "Spellbinding Sourceress!") Many thanks to the kind people at Martha Stewart Living for the photograph.

14 comments:

Swirly Designs said...

Just picked my copy up today at the supermarket:)

Kate said...

Awesome. Cannot wait to add this to the collection!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE COVER!! CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!!

Kate said...

They are in stock at Barnes & Noble - I couldn't wait and had to go check! It has a lot of previously seen material but it sure is pretty!!

Gabriela said...

Hello,

OMG!!! She looks spectacular!
A Marie Antoinette style wig combine with a Sorcerer? Fantastic!

Will have to get this issue.
Thanks so much for the sneak peek.

~ Gabriela ~

Ailsa said...

That's a gorgeous photo of M. It almost reminds me of her model days. She looks so youthful and mischievious. I'll have to pick it up -- I also love the Halloween issues! They've got the right blend of style and creepiness ;c)

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I can't wait to get it, so excited!

Kenn said...

Martha looks fabulous! Love the cover!

Jenn said...

It's already out at the magazine store underground at Hudson's Bay Center at Yonge & Bloor. It's across from the old Le Gourmand. They had 2 copies.

Anonymous said...

Me want! I hope I manage to get a copy, I managed to get one last year but that was before Borders closed down. Wish me luck! Oh, and Martha does look wonderful!

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Thanks for the tip, Jenn. I work not far from there, so I'll check it out this afternoon!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Thanks I want to buy it now.

Kevin said...

I picked up my copy this weekend! It's HUGE - definitely one of the thickest (if not THE thickest) Halloween Special Edition MSLO has released. Definitely worth the $9.95 sticker price. Martha's costume is fabulous!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

I just picked up my copy at the Pharma Plus in First Canadian Place. $10.95. 116 pgs and templates in the back section. I cant wait to devour it.