3.05.2010

Spring Weddings with Flare

The spring issue of Martha Stewart Weddings is out on newsstands now and it's a celebration of all things colourful, with pink taking center stage. Pretty pairings of pink with other hues (heather gray, navy blue, copper) will get you inspired to play with complements and contrasts and a peek inside several gorgeous weddings may make you want to say "I do" just to experience these magical days. And, oh, the cakes... Too beautiful to even dream of slicing!
One of the loveliest covers the magazine has seen in recent years, I think.
There are several gorgeous spreads in this issue, including this one devoted to pink bridal wear.
The cakes in this issue are extraordinary, as always, but it seems to me these ones are especially beautiful.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, the cakes! I especially love the "petal" cake. So beautiful and so Martha!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree on the cover being the lovliest in a while. It's very refreshing. I'm tired of seeing the same old covers on bridal magazines. I quite enjoy this one. Makes you remember that there is more to the wedding than just choosing a gown! Details such as table runners, place settings, etc., are important too!

Kimberley said...

Oh, I'm so excited now! I am planning my wedding and am thinking about incorporating soft pink into my palette, but I haven't been able to find many good pictures out there that focus on pink! While I haven't seen the issue yet, I'm hoping that it has some softer pink hues in it.

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Kimberly, it has lots of soft pink hues in it and lots of ideas on how to pair it with other hues and shades. It's a great issue.

Tania McCartney said...

I'm not getting married any time soon, but I still collect these mags occasionally. They are truly breathtaking keepsakes. Pure Martha. (Or rather... Darcy!)

Anonymous said...

Have you received your April copy of Living? I'm dying for a preview!!!