12.14.2008

Christmas Tree Gallery

I thought it would be nice to feature a gallery of some of the best Christmas trees dreamed up by the staff at Martha Stewart Living magazine, most of whom work under the guidance of Eric Pike, the magazine's "Father Christmas" as he's been called. The photos I've selected below are the ones I think are the most alluring and beautiful, and also timeless in their elegance. There is nothing like a beautiful Christmas tree. When I was very young I used to ask to have my nap time right beside the Christmas tree during the holiday season. It didn't matter where I was - at my grandparents' house, at the babysitter's place, or just in my parents' living room - when it was time for my nap I'd demand to sleep near, or even under, the tree...with the lights on. Most of the time I got my wish and I recall falling asleep staring up into the maze of decorated branches, all lit up. The best nap times ever! Anyhow, enjoy the gallery of Christmas trees from Martha Stewart Living issues past and present, and please consider having a nap among the presents.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did select the best of the best! I really like the tabletop trees... it makes me think that maybe next year I'll do a tabletop instead of a full size.

Anonymous said...

Trees are my most favorite part about Christmas and these are just stunning. We have three trees inside our house and two small ones outside. I also have many, many decorations that are small trees. Martha always has the most gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the gallery of trees! I have always enjoyed the selection of unexpected vessels they use for tree stands.

Anonymous said...

Very boring. Looks manufactured. Like someone went out shopping 1 day and got everything they needed. Christmas trees take time to collect mixing in old, new and a dash of surprise!

Anonymous said...

So very beautiful, I have been complimented many times for Christmas trees throughout the years. Love these!

Anonymous said...

I agree, but it did give me some ideas for new ornaments. My tree is very like my childhood trees, an exuberant collection of ornaments, tinsel, and "old fashioned" multicolored lights. Nothing "matchy matchy," and I loved and still love that form of decorating.

Anonymous said...

Love the one you featured