8.22.2008

An Early Christmas

It's never too early to start Christmas shopping, I say, so I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas gift. This little holiday kitchen linen set from the Martha Stewart Collection was found on eBay and I just had to have it. I'm glad I did! I love the colours and the retro-modern design.
The set came with two tea towels and a pot holder.
A nice detail is this linen strip in one corner of the towel for hanging it on a hook to dry.
A stitched Christmas tree on one corner of the pot holder is a very nice detail.

I've found that eBay is a great resource for discounted merchandise from the Martha Stewart Collection. I got my bedding from eBay, which you can see on my bed below. It's Martha's "Vintage Wallpaper" pattern from the Martha Stewart Collection.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice choice, Andrew! The kitchen set is very nice (and you're right; it's never too early to shop for the holidays!) I love the bed linens, too. eBay is a great source for well-priced MS Collection pieces. I have purchased a couple of sheet sets from the Faux Bois line on eBay, and I LOVE them! :-)

Kevin

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Thanks, Kevin! I love the faux bois too. I chose the Vintage Wallpaper because I have all my vintage stuff in the bedroom, so it seemed like a good fit. (The trunk at the end of the bed is 87 years old!) I want the faux bois towels, DESPERATELY!

-Andrew

Anonymous said...

Macy's had the faux bois towels over the weekend for ten bucks! They're usually 14.99 here in Atlanta. I didn't get then because the weekend before I bought four bath sheets at K-Mart...for FOUR BUCKS a piece!
God love her, Martha rocks.

Andrew, one day maybe you could show me your bed linens in person...

;)

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Anonymous, I'm scandalized! ;-)

...Four bucks for faux-bois towels. Wow! We need a Macy's in Canada first before we get the specials, sadly.

-A-

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. faux bois towels... *makes mental note* Could be a (late) housewarming gift or a Christmas gift... btw.. your Beekman t shirt is FINALLY on the way! Your Forever tardy friend.. K

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Kenn, you've always spoiled me.
"Thank you" doesn't begin to cut it.

Carolyn said...

Ain't eBay great!