2.23.2011

And I Shall Have Some Peace There

Former Editorial Director for Martha Stewart Living Margaret Roach launches her new book today! It is called "And I Shall Have Some Peace There" - a 'drop-out memoir' about trading in the fast lane for her own dirt road.

When I toured Margaret Roach's garden in the fall of 2005, peace is the feeling that immediately came over me. Her tranquil acreage in the Catskills near Copake Falls, New York, has been Margaret's labour of love for decades and the results of her work are breathtaking. So strong was the pull of this place that Margaret felt compelled to leave MSLO and a very successful career in publishing to return full-time to the garden she created so many years ago.

Please take a moment to view this 'trailer' for the book. You can order the book here. You can read the account of my visit to her garden here - one of this blog's first posts!

1 comment:

The Single Nester said...

I was at this show's taping last Wednesday and am excited to read the book. However, the show was not that good overall. I felt as if they were searching to for guests to fill in an hour and it was a bit hodge podgey.