10.13.2010

All Set for November

I'm not going to lie; November is my least favourite month. Here in the north-east, it is dark, drab and dull, full of cloudy skies, cold temperatures and leafless trees. Thank goodness for festivity! In the U.S., Thanksgiving is a much grander affair than it is in Canada, but even those who do not celebrate in November are able to plan and dream ahead for Christmas. The November issues of Martha Stewart Living and Everyday Food are finding their way into subscriber mailboxes this week and will be on newsstands next week. Both are exceptional examples of holiday prep and meal-planning. I can't wait to explore them both! Below are the covers.

6 comments:

jeanette, mistress of longears said...

You forgot the 2nd cover to MSL on the back - the "pets" cover!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

That MS Living cover looks good enough to eat. Good luck with coming up with other ways to brighten up your November.

Anonymous said...

I love the cover - it's really something different. I'm surprised November is your least fave month, Andrew. I would think it would be January. You know, the let down after the merry and bright holidays, putting away the decorations (which I hate), all those awful, boring New Year's resolutions no one sticks to. Not to mention the still-long, cold, dark days, with spring in the far-distant future.

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Well, I love snow and skiing and skating - all of which are January activities. The snow makes everything bright and it's usually sunny and clear in January here.

Anonymous said...

I love November - its so close to December which is usually full of panic as the month rushes by! I can't wait to get the November issue - although the October issue still isn't out in the UK and I am having withdrawal symptoms!

Gabriela said...

Hello Andrew,

OMG! Look at all these pies!
I agree with you, do not like November at all!
Did you know that they say it's the most boring month of the year?

Back looking at those pies now...


~ Gabriela ~